Want to help GRMC during this unprecedented time?
Goodland Regional Medical Center is now accepting donations of cloth masks and/or fabric and elastic to make cloth masks. If you are interested in making and donating masks or want to donate the items to make the masks please contact Amy Dovidio at firstname.lastname@example.org
Amy will then give you instructions on how you can get the masks or items to GRMC safely.
Instructions on how to make the approved masks are below.
- Masks must be constructed of at MINIMUM 3 layers of cotton or flannel fabric (this helps improve filtration of the mask)
- The mask must have a starting measurement of 6×9 inches or 7×9 inches
- You may use either elastic for ear loops or ties for securing the mask
- The mask should have 2 different patterns to differentiate the front from the back
- Cotton Fabric (3 pieces of 6″ x 9″ OR 7″x9″)
- Elastic (1/4″ or 3/8″), (2 – 7 pieces)
- Straight Pins (1 package)
- Sewing Machine (1)
- Cut pattern pieces out on the cotton fabric (6” x 9” OR 7″x9″)
- Fold right sides together of two pieces with extra 3rd piece in the center, matching 9-inch sides
- Sew along the 9-inch side, using ¼” seam allowance and leaving a space 3” wide in the center to turn the mask right side out
- Cut 2 pieces of elastic 7 inches long, insert into the corners of the two open ends of the mask and pin in place. Sew across the sides, backstitching well over the elastic, to secure the elastic in place.
- If no elastic is available, may substitute 4- 16” Fabric Ties at each corner
- Turn mask right side out and press seams flat.
- Fold up to 3 pleats on each side, making sure the pleats are folding in the same direction. Pin into place.
- Topstitch around the entire mask, securing the pleats and closing the opening
THANK YOU FOR YOUR WILLINGNESS TO HELP!Leave a reply